Transfer Students


It's not where you start,
but where you finish that matters.


Continue your education at Birmingham-Southern College, where you will find opportunities, support, and connections that will prepare you for your chosen career path.

If you are considering transferring to Birmingham-Southern College we encourage you to visit campus.

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions about the transfer process at Birmingham-Southern College.


澳门新葡京官网 By The Numbers



Ways to Apply

You can apply for admission using any one of these two options:

• Free 澳门新葡京官网 Online Application

Common Application

Already started? Finish your Common Application or Finish your 澳门新葡京官网 Online Application here

If you have started a 澳门新葡京官网 application within the past two years, please fill out this form instead of starting a new application.

We will conduct a transcript analysis before you decide to enroll so that you know in advance which classes will transfer and how long it will take you to graduate.

Transfer Application Resources


    Application Requirements

    1. Application for Admission
    2. Official transcript from ALL post-secondary institution you have attended

    Mail Forms to:

    澳门新葡京官网 Office of Admission
    Box 549008
    900 Arkadelphia Road
    Birmingham, AL 35254


    Admission Deadlines


    • Apply by November 15
    • Deposit by December 1


    • Apply by April 1
    • Deposit by April 26



    • Apply by July 1
    • Deposit by July 15

    Transfer Scholarships & Financial Aid

    All transfer student applications are read for merit-based scholarships. These merit scholarships are awarded at the time of admission. Members of Phi Theta Kappa are eligible for an additional scholarship.  All of these awards are renewable annually for full-time students who maintain a required G.P.A.

    Transfer Scholarship Grid



    We also encourage you to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) to be considered for need-based aid.

    In addition, admitted transfer students are eligible to apply for additional special scholarships:


    Gap Year and Enrollment Deferral Policy

    Birmingham-Southern College supports students who wish to pursue a gap year experience or enrollment deferral between high school and college. Successful gap year experiences start with a well-developed plan and include personal goals. We encourage students considering 澳门新葡京官网 for their undergraduate educations to apply and gain admission before requesting an enrollment deferral to participate in a gap year experience. We will ask students to submit their request in writing and will to discuss gap year plans with you before granting a request.

    澳门新葡京官网 will consider enrollment deferral requests for the following reasons:

    • Military service
    • Religious engagement
    • International students in the process of gaining a Visa (one year only)
    • Research, work, and internship opportunities related to educational or financial goals
    • Health reasons

    If you are granted your enrollment deferral, you will need to pay your enrollment deposit and alert the Admissions Office no later than June 1st.  You cannot enroll in a degree-seeking program at another institution, and cannot apply to other colleges during your deferral. You will need to submit financial aid forms (FAFSA) again for the following year, but unless your family’s financial circumstances change significantly, we strive to keep your financial aid package similar to what was originally offered.

    In April of your deferment year, we ask you to reactivate your application by calling our office at (205) 226-4696.


    Non-Degree Seeking Students

    To all non-degree seeking students who wish to take a class at Birmingham-Southern, please contact Marilyn Gillespie at (205)226-4680 or [email protected] for more information and the appropriate forms.

Transfer FAQs


    Who is considered a Transfer Student?

    You are considered a transfer student if you’ve already matriculated full-time at another institution or if you’ve graduated from high school and have earned 12 or more credits at another institution. 

    How long will it take me to graduate?

    Whether you are transferring from a two-year college or a four-year college, we will conduct a transcript analysis before you decide to enroll so that you know in advance which classes will transfer and how long it will take you to graduate.

    Will my credits transfer?

    Typically, general education classes at community colleges will transfer without much trouble. We’ve listed here exactly which Alabama courses will transfer.

    What Community Colleges does 澳门新葡京官网 have articulation agreements with?

    Birmingham-Southern College has formulated articulation agreements with the following two-year institutions to ensure a smooth transition for students who have completed some or all of their coursework:

    Bevill State Community College Lawson State Community College
    Calhoun Community College Northeast Alabama State Community College
    Chattahoochee Valley Community College Shelton State Community College
    Coastal Alabama Community College Snead State Community College
    Gadsden State Community College Wallace Community College (WCCD) in Dothan
    Jefferson State Community College Wallace State Community College

    How much will it cost?

    As for the cost, everyone’s situation is unique. To view the breakdown of 澳门新葡京官网's cost of attendance, estimate your costs with our net price calculator, and more, head to our Scholarships & Financial Aid webpage.

    The staff in our Financial Aid Office are more than happy to talk to you about your specific needs, and you can reach them at (205) 226-4688.

Transfer to 澳门新葡京官网!

From applying to scholarships to moving in and everything in between,
we make transferring to the Hilltop Easy.